Are you feeling under the weather after spending time in a cooled room? You may be wondering if your air conditioning is to blame. While it’s possible for air conditioning to contribute to illness, it’s essential to understand that it’s not the sole cause. Air conditioning can also help reduce the spread of disease in certain situations as well.
This blog post mentions everything you need to know about the risks of air conditioning and how to mitigate them with Barker Heating & Cooling, the premier air conditioning company in Gladstone, MO. Contact us today to learn more about our HVAC services.
How Can Air Conditioning Contribute to Illness?
- Dry Air: Air conditioning can remove moisture from the air, leading to dryness that can cause nasal congestion, dry throat, and other discomforts.
- Spread of Illness: If someone with an airborne disease is in a cooled room, the air conditioning can spread the infection to others by circulating contaminated air.
- Allergens: If your air conditioning system is not adequately maintained, it can accumulate dust, mold, and other allergens that can trigger symptoms in those with allergies or asthma.
To avoid these heart-wrenching illnesses, schedule regular air conditioning repairs in Gladstone, MO, with Barker Heating & Cooling.
Air Conditioning Sickness
Air conditioning sickness, also known as “sick building syndrome,” is a term generally used to describe a range of symptoms resulting from spending extended periods in a cooled and artificially ventilated environment. These symptoms may include:
- Dry throat
- Dry or itchy skin
- Nasal congestion
- Eye, nose, or throat irritation
- Difficulty concentrating
It’s crucial to note that these symptoms can have a variety of causes, and air conditioning may not necessarily be the sole cause., It’s best to speak with a healthcare professional to determine the root cause and receive appropriate treatment. In addition, proper maintenance of your air conditioning system can help to reduce the risk of experiencing these symptoms.
Contact Barker Heating & Cooling professionals today to schedule your regular air conditioning repair in Gladstone, MO. Stay ahead of the symptoms and save yourself the high AC repair in Liberty and hospital bills.
How Can Air Conditioning Help Prevent Illness?
Air Conditioners are not all bad. On the contrary, they can assist in preventing illness as well. Here are some ways AC units prevent us from getting ill.
- Filters: Properly maintaining your air conditioning system, including regularly replacing the filters, can help to reduce the circulation of allergens and other contaminants.
- Cool Temperatures: Keeping indoor temperatures calm can help to reduce the growth and spread of certain bacteria and viruses.
- Humidity Control: Air conditioning can also help regulate indoor humidity levels, benefiting those with respiratory issues.
How To Avoid Air Conditioning Sickness?
Overall, it’s important to remember that air conditioning is not necessarily the cause of illness. You can enjoy cooled air without worrying about getting sick by correctly maintaining your system and addressing any underlying health issues.
At Barker Heating and Cooling, we understand the importance of a well-maintained air conditioning unit for your health and comfort. Our HVAC professionals are dedicated to providing you with the most reliable and efficient service. It makes us one of the leading air conditioning companies in Gladstone, MO, and surrounding areas.
Contact the Barker Heating and Cooling team if you have concerns about your air conditioning system or need assistance with air conditioning repair in Gladstone, MO.