If your air conditioner is blowing hot air, it is time for cleaning and maintenance. If you don’t clean the AC coils, dirt and dust will build up over time and limit the air conditioner’s effectiveness. Mold and mildew might also accumulate, which requires air conditioning repair in Gladstone sooner than expected. It’s not difficult to clean the AC coils on your own if you have some time, patience, and assistance. On a day when you have some free time, set aside an hour and start to work!
Effects Of Dirty Coils:
- Increased operating temperatures
- Decreased comfort
- Reduced cooling effectiveness
- Increased prices for cooling
- Rising system wear
- System replacement or repairs
Cleaning Advice For AC Coils:
Air conditioning contractors in Liberty may typically access the evaporator coil through an access panel usually removed with a nut driver or screwdriver. Usually, it is exposed with a strong wire coil protection keeping it safe or less noticeable with a stronger louvered metal outer panel shielding it.
The top and outer shell may need to be removed in some circumstances. Your technician will evaluate the coils once exposed and easily accessible, choosing the best cleaning technique based on the manufacturer’s suggestions. This might entail utilizing a unique fin-straightening instrument to straighten bent fins.
Cleaning Methods For AC Evaporator Coils:
- Using Compressed Air: If dirt is present on your evaporator coils, it may typically be easily removed with compressed air. Wear protective eyewear, maintain a constant airflow across the coil, and clear away any dirt or debris that becomes loose.
- Using A Brush: Use a soft brush; avoid wire or harsh bristle brushes, as they can harm the fins. Using this technique, you will brush the coils directly to remove debris, scrubbing if necessary to remove grime that is more difficult to remove.
- Using Commercial Cleaners: After deciding on your favorite cleaner brand, follow the manufacturer’s directions. Let the cleaner sit and foam until the foam and debris have drained away. Reapply as necessary (or as directed) until the coils are clean and free of buildup.
- Using Mild Detergents And Water: Combine warm water with some detergent in a spray bottle or garden sprayer. Let it soak in for a few minutes to loosen the dirt and particles. Use a cloth or soft brush to remove any material that has become loose.
- Heavy-Duty Cleaning: If your evaporator coils are too dirty, you might need to use powerful cleaning agents and tools, such as a steam cleaner or pressure washer. It might also imply that you need to disassemble more of your air conditioner than is necessary for a simple cleaning, such as the coil removal and cutting of the refrigerant lines, followed by reassembly. For that, you require a specialist for air conditioning repair in Gladstone.
A well-maintained air conditioner performs better than one that is not. Cleaning condenser coils involves a few simple actions. Still unsure of yourself? It would help if you spoke with a qualified professional who can analyze the situation and has the tools, know-how, and supplies necessary to clean the coils and return your AC system to normal without running the danger of causing any harm.