Your HVAC system is a complex and expensive machine that maintains the temperature in your home and provides you the comfort you deserve. It is difficult to imagine spending a hot summer day without an air conditioner.
With a well-functioning HVAC system, you can get a comfortable and peaceful stay in your home. You may think it is not a big deal to avoid the regular maintenance of your HVAC system. But after some time, you will have to face serious consequences, as it can severely damage your system.
Read Below To Learn About The Issues That Can Occur If You Avoid Taking Care Of Your HVAC Unit.
- Poor Cooling or Heating : Nothing is more frustrating than being uncomfortable inside your home, especially when the weather is not kind. During such weather, opening the windows and switching on the fans will not be enough to provide you relief. You installed your HVAC system to experience comfort during such unbearable weather.
But when you ignore your system’s needs and avoid maintenance, a day might come when your system stops cooling or heating your home. Then you will have to run to a technician to make things right again. So, if indoor comfort is a top priority for you, keep your HVAC system maintained to avoid any problems.
- Leaks : Your air conditioner needs refrigerant to give out a solid performance. But when a leak is present, you will not get the cooling you want, and your home will become warmer. You will most likely hear a hissing sound which indicates the presence of leaks in your home.
When you get the air conditioning repairs in Gladstone, the refrigerant check is done to ensure everything is in good shape and working at peak performance.
- Drain Problems : When there is a lack of proper maintenance, the air conditioner unit will eventually become blocked. The water will leak near your AC, and it will shut down.
It will damage your air conditioning unit and home. You may even end up with major water damage. But regular maintenance reduces the chances of such damages and leaks.
- Dirty Ductwork : The dirt, mold, pet hair, and other debris gets collected inside your ducts over time. It results in lowering the efficiency of your HVAC system and causes leaks. You may also hear whistling sounds, and if the issue is not resolved quickly, you may end up with costly air conditioning repair in Gladstone.
If you haven’t given a thought about your ducts in a while, then it is time to take action. Call a professional immediately to get the necessary maintenance for your HVAC unit.
- Frequent Breakdowns : You should schedule the maintenance of your heating and cooling system at least once a year. The parts on your cooling system won’t last forever and some need to be changed every few years.
Just like every machine, the more you use your HVAC system, the more early it tends to wear out. So to ensure that your system remains in top working condition and to lessen the number of breakdowns and repairs, get the maintenance done.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality : Your HVAC system not only keeps your home at a comfortable temperature but also traps and removes odors and contaminants from your home. It keeps your indoor air clean and healthy to breathe.
Indoor air quality should always be good, especially if anyone has asthma or any other respiratory illnesses in your home. Always remember to clean or change your dirty air filters regularly. And if you have any doubt regarding the air quality in your home, call a professional for a quick inspection.
- High Energy Bills: If you wonder what will happen if you avoid regular maintenance of your HVAC system, then the first thing you should know is that your monthly energy bills will rise. A well-maintained heating or cooling system will have no trouble maintaining the temperature in your home and will also use less energy.
When the maintenance is absent, your system will have to work harder to provide cooling or heating. If you notice an unexpected increase in your energy bills after using your HVAC system, call a professional as it might be time for you to get maintenance.
- Shorter Lifespan : When the heating or cooling system is neglected, wear and tear and the accumulation of dirt on the system put extra strain on the unit. Working under such conditions shortens the lifespan of the system.
It will result in the premature replacement of your system even before the expected lifetime of the unit. On the other hand, a well-maintained HVAC system will keep running effectively and efficiently for many years. And might even go beyond its expected life.
- Loud Noises : A healthy and well-maintained HVAC system runs smoothly and silently. Your HVAC system makes a slight hum when it starts that is normal. But after starting up, the system should operate with negligible sound in the background without disturbing you.
Without maintenance, you may start hearing loud and unusual noises from your system. And when you call a professional to solve this problem, you might need a costly AC repair in Gladstone. So, it is better to maintain maintenance to avoid such issues.
HVAC Maintenance - How Often?
After realizing the importance of HVAC maintenance, you are probably wondering how often you should get it done. You should have your system inspected and maintained by a professional at least once a year.
Fall is the best time to schedule your heating system maintenance, while spring is the best for your air conditioner. The HVAC professionals will be less busy, and you can schedule the maintenance at your convenience.