As the summer months approach, many rely on air conditioning to keep their homes comfortable. However, if you notice that your air conditioner keeps tripping the breaker, it can be a frustrating and potentially dangerous problem. If you encounter these issues, call us without hesitation for reliable AC repair in Gladstone and surrounding areas.
Here, We Will Discuss Some Common Reasons Why Your Air Conditioner Might Be Tripping The Breaker:
- Dirty Air Filter: One of the most common reasons for a tripped breaker is a dirty air filter. When the air filter becomes clogged with dust and debris, it restricts airflow, which causes the system to work harder to maintain the desired temperature. This can lead to an overheated compressor, which trips the breaker. Replacing or cleaning the air filter regularly ensures your air conditioning system works efficiently.
- Electrical Problems: Another reason your air conditioner might be tripping the breaker is electrical issues. Faulty wiring, loose connections, or a damaged capacitor can cause a surge of electrical current, which causes this problem. If you suspect an electrical problem, it’s crucial to call our professional HVAC technician immediately to avoid any potential safety hazards.
- Overloaded Circuit: Your air conditioner requires significant electricity to function properly. If other appliances or devices use the same circuit, it can overload the circuit and trip the breaker. Try turning off other appliances and devices to see if this resolves the issue. Installing a dedicated circuit for your air conditioning system may be necessary.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Refrigerant is critical to your air conditioning system. If the refrigerant level is too low, it causes the compressor to work harder than necessary, leading to a tripped breaker. Low refrigerant levels can also cause the evaporator coils to freeze, further damaging the system. Call our professional HVAC technician for air conditioning repair in Gladstone if you suspect low refrigerant levels.
- Dirty Condenser Coils: The condenser coils in your air conditioning system release heat outside your home. However, if these coils become dirty or clogged with debris, it can cause the compressor to work harder than necessary, leading to a tripped breaker. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the condenser coils can help prevent this issue.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat: Your thermostat is responsible for regulating the temperature in your home and communicating with your air conditioning system. If your thermostat is malfunctioning or not communicating properly with your air conditioning system, it can cause the system to work harder than necessary, leading to a tripped breaker. If you suspect a problem with your thermostat, it may be necessary to replace it or have it repaired by our professional HVAC technician.
Barker Heating and Cooling AC Consultations
If your air conditioning unit keeps tripping the breaker, you don’t have to suffer in the heat. The experienced HVAC technicians at Barker Heating and Cooling can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide reliable AC repair in Gladstone and surrounding areas. Our technicians are certified to handle any make and model of air conditioning system, and we can provide same-day service to get your system back up and running quickly.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today for all your AC consultation needs.